- Named one of Oregon's Top 150 Private Companies (#41) by Oregon Business Magazine, July 2009.
- Named to Travel Weekly Magazine’s Power List (#44) recognizing the industry’s top sellers of travel, June 2009.
- Named one of nation’s Top Corporate-owned Travel Agencies (#17) based on 2008 ARC transactions, Business Travel News, June 8, 2009.
- Named #1 Travel Agency in Clark County, Washington by Vancouver (USA) Business Journal, April 3, 2009.
- Ranked #3 Minority Owned Business in Portland Metro Area by Portland Business Journal, March 20, 2009.
Ranked by DiversityBusiness.com, the nation's leading multicultural internet site, as #1 in the State of Oregon among diversity-owned businesses, #39 in the nation among diversity-owned businesses, and #12 in the nation among Asian-American businesses, January 2009.
- American Express Representative Excellence Award presented to Azumano Travel as one
of the top performing agencies in the Representative Network, every year since 2002.
- Reach One, Teach One award presented December 2008 to Sho Dozono by the North/Northeast Business Association recognizing Dozono “as a business owner community role model, asset to our community and the lightning rod to make things happen when he sees a need, because he really cares.”
- Presented Director's Award for Community Involvement by Oregon State University for "service in Oregon and around the world," November 2008.
Named one of Top 25 Private Companies (#14) by Portland Business Journal, July 4, 2008.
- James H. Rudd Commitment to Service Award presented to Sho Dozono for "supporting the community through active participation in United Way and servicing in many leadership capacities, including board chair and head of United Way’s community campaign,” September 18, 2008.
- Presented RecycleWorks Award by City of Portland Office of Sustainable Development for “raising the bar on waste reduction by practicing sustainable purchasing and educating employees to make a positive impact on the environment,” May 6, 2008.
- 2nd Annual "Drum Major" Award presented to Sho Dozono by the Vancouver Avenue First Baptist Church in Portland, Oregon, for "Living the Dream" in the spirit of "Drum Major" Martin Luther King, Jr., January 20, 2008.
- World Travel Market (WTM) Global Award presented
November 12, 2007, to Azumano president and CEO Sho Dozono by WTM Chairman
Fiona Jeffery in recognition of Dozono's "remarkable contribution
to the travel industry with the U.S. region." Dozono was nominated
for this award by Travel Weekly editor-in-chief Arnie Weissmann.
- 2007 Japanese Foreign Minister's Award presented
September 14, 2007, to Azumano president and CEO Sho Dozono by the Consul
General of Japan, Mr. Akio Egawa, in recognition of Dozono's "countless
contributions to friendly and harmonious relations between Japan and
the United States."
- Ranked #23 on the 2007 Minority Business News USA 100 List,
- Awarded Certificate of Achievement in January 2007 by the Society
of Government Travel Professionals (SGTP) for its role in Flight
For Freedom 2006, a journey to New York City by "goodwill ambassadors"
from Oregon in commemoration of the five-year anniversary of the original
Flight For Freedom, organized in the aftermath of 9-11. The project
was spearheaded by Azumano owner Sho Dozono and his wife, Loen, and
executed by agency staff.
- The Azumano Travel Show named by the Oregon Association of Broadcasters
as the 2005 Best Original Program produced by station,
metro radio (KPAM-AM).
- Torchbearer Award presented February 16, 2006, to
Azumano president and CEO Sho Dozono by the Equity Foundation in recognition
of his “profound commitment to building a strong and diverse Oregon.”
- 2005 Outstanding Volunteer Fundraiser Awardpresented
December 1, 2005, to Azumano president and CEO Sho Dozono by the Oregon
Chapter of the Association of Fundraising Professionals in recognition
of "outstanding and creative leadership in the field of philanthropy
and community service which has significantly enhanced the well being
of the institutions and the citizens of the state of Oregon and Southwestern
- 2005 Angel Award presented to Sho Dozono on November
1, 2005, by the Cascade AIDS Project "in recognition for exceptional
- Named a Best of the West travel agency by TravelAge
West Magazine (#7 among leading revenue producers of the 14 states
of the western region), August 2003.
- 2004 Ambassador Extraordinaire, presented to Azumano
president and CEO Sho Dozono by the Consul General of Japan at the Oregon
Consular Corps Annual Dinner January 13, 2005. The award acknowledged
Dozono’s “continuing efforts to involve Oregon in an international
- 2004 James DePreist Award for Excellence presented
to Sho Dozono by Volunteers of America Oregon at a special tribute dinner
January 29, 2004, at the Oregon Convention Center. The award was created
“to recognize individuals who exceed expectations and whose leadership
has helped to build our community, leaving a legacy for our city.”
- 2003 Citizen of the World award presented to Sho
Dozono by the Japan America Society of Oregon in recognition of “his
many contributions towards promoting U.S.-Japan relations and his enduring
support of the Japan-America Society of Oregon.”
- 2003 City of New York Fire Department award presented
to Azumano Travel “in appreciation of its generosity and support
in the aftermath of September 11, 2001.”
- 2002 ASTA Travel Agent of the Year awarded to Sho
Dozono, at the American Society of Travel Agents (ASTA) World Travel
Congress in Honolulu, Hawaii, November 3-8, 2002.
- Lori Rogers, Azumano Hawaii Specialist, named Classic Custom
Vacations Nationwide Top Producer, 2002 and 2001 consecutively.
- Cruises By Azumano named a Holland America Centurion,
every year since 1997.
- Azumano Africa specialist, Jason Hedrick (CTA), named a Rising
Star 2003 by Travel Agent Magazine, June 2003, for
“exemplifying the industry’s best and brightest young talent.”
- Terry Bradshaw’s Pick of the Week,
July 29, 2002, for “the special pride reflected at Azumano Travel
combined with outstanding customer service and innovation.”
- AAA Travel 2002, 2003 & 2004 Air Partner of the Year
award presented to Premier Gateway, international air ticket consolidator
and affiliate company of Azumano Travel.
- 2002 Governor’s Tourism Award presented
to Azumano president and CEO, Sho Dozono, as "the individual who
most embodies a statewide spirit of cooperation and involvement in Oregon’s
visitor industry development."
- Stop Oregon Litter and Vandalism (SOLV) 2002 Tom McCall
Leadership Award presented to Sho Dozono for “his
years of service to numerous Oregon community and business groups, and
for his leadership in promoting Oregon’s economy and sense of
civic pride to national and international audiences.”
- Portland Oregon Visitors Association (POVA) 2002 Portland
Award presented to Sho Dozono for "his overall contribution
to the promotion of the visitor industry."
- US Pan Asian American Chamber of Commerce (USPACC) Award
of Excellence in Community Service presented May 7, 2002,
to Sho Dozono for “his hard work, perseverance and contributions
to the American way of life.”
- 2002 Oregon Association of Broadcasters Award
presented to Sho Dozono for “distinguished service to the state
- Sho Dozono selected as a 2002 Olympic Winter Games Torchbearer
for the Columbia River Region.
- 2002 Oregon Association of Minority Entrepreneurs Chairman’s
Award presented to Sho Dozono in recognition of “outstanding
service to Oregon’s Minority Business Community through leadership
in the Portland Chamber of Commerce.”
- 2001 Japan-America Society of Oregon International Business
Achiever Award presented to Azumano Travel in recognition
of its “long-term commitment to the Japanese market.”
- American Express 2001 Great Performers Award
presented to Sho Dozono and Azumano Travel for “unparalleled customer
- 2001 Spirit of Portland Award awarded to
Sho Dozono and Azumano Travel for their “show of support for the
community and the country in the aftermath of September 11, 2001.”
- 2001 Governor’s Freedom Award presented
to Sho Dozono for “turning a vision into reality through the Flight
For Freedom which sent 1,000 Oregonians to New York City October 4-9,
2001. Flight For Freedom united Oregonians and New Yorkers, brought
positive, international exposure to Oregon's economic efforts and sent
a message to our nation that we will remain strong and free."